Cebu City Philippines Temple
133rd dedicated temple in operation
6000 Cebu City, Cebu
Telephone: (+63) 32-230-1207
ServicesClothing rental available
NO cafeteria food served
Patron housing available
Distribution store nearby (Store Locator)
Announcement:18 April 2006
Groundbreaking and Site Dedication:14 November 2007 by Dallin H. Oaks
Public Open House:21 May–5 June 2010
Dedication:13 June 2010 by Thomas S. Monson
Exterior Finish:Mountain grey granite from China
Ordinance Rooms:Two ordinance rooms (two-stage progressive) and two sealing
Total Floor Area:29,556 square feet
The Cebu City Philippines Temple was the second temple built in the Philippines, following the Manila Philippines Temple (1984).
The Cebu City Philippines Temple was announced in a letter to Filipino priesthood leaders dated April 18, 2006.
The gold-leafed statue of the angel Moroni was placed atop the Cebu City Philippines Temple on November 5, 2009.
On October 15, 2013, the 2013 Bohol earthquake shook the Cebu City Philippines Temple, causing the angel Moroni to move from facing east to facing south. The angel was repositioned to point east again on January 22, 2014.