Manila Philippines Temple
29th dedicated temple in operation
© 2009, Joshua Ferrer. All rights reserved.
Address13 Temple Drive
1110 Quezon City, Metro Manila
Telephone: (+63) 2-635-0954
ServicesClothing rental available
NO cafeteria food served
Patron housing available
Distribution center nearby (Store Locator)
Announcement:1 April 1981
Groundbreaking and Site Dedication:25 August 1982 by Gordon B. Hinckley
Public Open House:3–15 September 1984
Dedication:25–27 September 1984 by Gordon B. Hinckley
Exterior Finish:Ceramic tile
Architectural Features:Six detached spires with an angel Moroni statue
Ordinance Rooms:Four instruction rooms, three sealing rooms, and one baptistry
Total Floor Area:26,683 square feet
Standing on a hilltop that overlooks the Marikina Valley, the Manila Philippines Temple anchors a complex of Church buildings including a temple annex, a patron housing facility, a missionary training center, and area offices. The beautiful grounds, open to the public, are filled with majestic palm trees and lush, colorful vegetation.
The Manila Philippines Temple was the first temple built in the Philippines and the second built in Asia.
The street where the Manila Philippines Temple is located was renamed to Temple Drive during the temple's construction.
A typhoon approached Manila the day before the groundbreaking of the Manila Philippines Temple, creating concern that would event would have to be postponed. At a mission conference that evening, a missionary prayed for the weather to cooperate so that the groundbreaking could continue. The typhoon changed direction that night, and the groundbreaking proceeded as planned.
Nearly 27,000 toured the interior of the Manila Philippines Temple during its 13-day open house held prior to its dedication.
The days prior to the dedication of the Manila Philippines Temples saw several natural disasters in the Philippines including two typhoons, the eruption of Mayon volcano on Bicol Peninsula, and an earthquake in northern Luzon. The temple remained unaffected.
The Manila Philippines Temple was dedicated in nine sessions by President Gordon B. Hinckley, Second Counselor in the First Presidency.