Smithfield Utah Temple
Recent News Articles
- November 24, 2021 – What will the Smithfield Utah Temple look like?
- June 10, 2021 – Smithfield temple location announced
- April 30, 2021 – Editor's Corner: News of Smithfiled temple sets off speculation frenzy
- April 22, 2021 – Montana temple plans revealed as Smithfield still awaits word from church
- April 5, 2021 – Smithfield Temple announcement sparks excitement, speculation in Cache Valley
- April 4, 2021 – President Nelson unveils plans for the church to build 20 new temples
Exterior Rendering Released for the Smithfield Utah Temple
The official exterior rendering for the Smithfield Utah Temple was released today, featuring a historical design inspired by the pioneer era when the nearby Logan Utah Temple was built. The new three-story temple will be approximately 81,000 square feet and follow a floor plan similar to the Lindon Utah Temple. The temple will be constructed on a 13.3-acre site at the intersection of N 800 West and W 100 North in Smithfield.
Site for the Smithfield Utah Temple Announced
A 13.3-acre tract of farm land located next to a meetinghouse in the Smithfield Utah North Stake at the intersection of N 800 West and W 100 North (Highway 218) has been announced as the location for the Smithfield Utah Temple. Plans call for a three-story building of approximately 81,000 square feet. It will be second temple in Cache Valley, joining the 137-year-old Logan Utah Temple. No date has been announced for the groundbreaking, and no temple rendering has been revealed.