Provo Utah Temple
Recent News Articles
- December 2, 2021 – David Amott: LDS Church should spare the historic Provo Temple
- December 1, 2021 – Preserve Provo Temple’s midcentury design, petitions urge Latter-day Saint leaders
- November 24, 2021 – First look: Provo Latter-day Saint temple will have dramatic new design
- November 24, 2021 – The Exterior Renderings for the Redesigned Provo Utah Temple and the Smithfield Utah Temple
- October 8, 2021 – Provo Temple may — again — reflect sister temple in Ogden after renovations
Planned Design Unveiled for the Provo Utah Temple
Church officials have given the public a glimpse of the planned design for the Provo Utah Temple, which will be reconstructed following the dedication of the Orem Utah Temple. The three-story edifice will stand at the same location as the existing building and feature striking gold accents including the spire. Just as it was constructed originally, the temple will not have an angel Moroni statue. A statue was added in 2003 as part of a renovation project that also turned the spire from gold to white. No specific date for the closure of the temple has been announced.
Temple District Changes Come to Utah Valley
In preparation for the Payson Utah Temple dedication next month when numerous temple workers will be transferred from the Provo Utah Temple, all of the stakes in Orem have been reassigned from the Mount Timpanogos Utah Temple District to the Provo Utah Temple District.
Ogden's "Sister Temple" in Provo Has No Plans For Makeover
Following the announcement that the Church would completely transform the exterior appearance of the Ogden Utah Temple, questions began to fly regarding its counterpart in Provo. Would it receive the same treatment? Church officials say no plans are on the table.